Friday, October 10, 2014

My love affair with Octobers...

I catch myself taking in a deep long breath (all the way from the tip of my nose to the end of my spine)...over and over again. Its finally October! The cool and crisp sun drenched air fill my insides with a mellow warmth wrapped in a cool blanket of freshness that beckons me to step outside, bask in the glorious autumnal splendor and feast on vibrant hues that define the season.
Octobers are ephemeral, if missed, its a loss you have to wait a whole year to compensate. Its when the skies are their bluest, the sunlight brilliant amber, the leaves a myriad of colors apt to describe a painter’s pallet. Its when the simplest of joys - rustling of leaves under your feet, birdsong heralding the changes to come, nestling of the wind, scurrying of squirrels as they fend for winter, translucent sumac that shine crimson gold and burgundy....matter. Its what make this time of year so special and dear to my heart.
So get out there, take in every opportunity to experience the perfectly cool air, late afternoon molten sun, the Monet-inspired picture perfect landscapes, that herald a time of renewal, and underscore the fleeting nature of life.
"I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." – L.M. Montgomery

No comments: